Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Movie making at Capital E

We walked up some colorful stairs and into a big green room. We sat on some couches and talked to Kit about how the movie was going to work and who was doing what part.
He said that we had an hour to practice and dress up. In the dressing up room I found a jacket with a crocodile skin color, a strip down the middle to hide the zip and a strip around the wrist. I also got a cool hat. After that I got my words and did some practicing. I was doing the bit about technology in war. It had bits about machine guns, planes, tanks and gas bombs. It was so cool.
“It is time for the dress rehearsal,” said Kit.
“What!” It only felt like 5 minutes!
We lined up at the door. Brooke went first, then Lauren, Jackson, Tyler … then it was my turn. My goal was to talk clearly and look at the camera. On the camera screen  there were rolling words. On the computer Phinece was controlling the rolling words. She kept on going too fast then too slow and because I hadn't practised my words enough I kept on making mistakes.
I finally finished and went into the TV room with everyone else to watch the film and discuss what we should do and what not to do to make it the best move we could.
Lights! The lights turned on.
Camera!
On went the camera.
Action! Then Brooke started her part … then Lauren, Tyler, Jackson and then me. I looked at the camera. The rolling words started and off I went. I used lots of expression Phinece got the rolling words at a perfect speed this time. I read through the words. It was over way quicker than I thought.
We went in to the TV room and said our thank you’s to Kit and the camp parents.

By Dylan                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment